Hi Guys, don’t miss this review by Greyscalegorilla about the new features of Cinema 4D R20 at Siggraph 2018.
The Greyscalegorilla team shows off their favourite new features of Cinema 4D R20. Learn about these exciting new tools and download free R20 scene files.
Live from the MAXON booth at Siggraph 2018, the GSG team will guide you through all their favourite features of R20. Nick, Chris, and Chad take the stage together with their infectious free-flowing style and dive into an hour of demoing Cinema 4D R20.
NEW FEATURES FREE CINEMA 4D R20 SCENE FILES
Favourite Cinema 4D R20 Features
Here’s a timestamped log courtesy of Cineversity:
- 03:25 – Fields Overview (Chris)
- 13:04 – Liquid Effect (Chris)
- 19:42 – Footsteps in Snow (Chad)
- 23:52 – Fields with Dynamics (Nick)
- 28:26 – Node-Based Materials (Chad)
- 38:33 – Volumes (Nick)
- 47:31 – Volumes / Cloud (Chris)
- 50:09 – Volumes / 3D Printing (Chris)
- 51:54 – Bake as Alembic (Chad)
- 52:58 – Multi-Instances (Chad)
Nick, Chad and Chris from Greyscalegorilla show their favorite new features in Cinema 4D Release 20. All three show some examples where they’ve used Fields in MoGraph, vertex maps and deformers. Chad provides an overview of Node-Based Materials while explaining how he used UV Context to create a swirl node in order to texture peppermint candies. Nick and Chris show off some basics of the OpenVDB-based Volume Workflow, while Chad shows of the new Bake As Alembic command and Multi-Instances.