Hi Guys, great tool for digital compositor working on VFX scene in Nuke.
Developed by VortechsFX, Eddy for Nuke is a plugin for simulating gaseous phenomena inside of Nuke.
How to create fluid in Nuke?
Eddy allows artists to generate new high quality fluid simulations and render them with state of the art algorithms inside of Nuke.
- Here the link to Download Eddy for Nuke
Eddy for Nuke
Eddy was designed to bring fluid simulations to artists and boost their creativity by leveraging all the power in the workstations and increasing productivity.
Eddy allows for the simulation of complex fires, explosions and other gaseous phenomena at interactive rates and high quality. Our sparse simulation framework is fully GPU accelerated and aims to maximize artist efficiency and feedback.
This rich and powerful simulation framework can easily be customized and made to fit a large range of requirements.
Eddy for Nuke tutorial: Simulating an explosion
Eddy for Nuke User Group
Eddy v2.0 for Nuke lighting
Eddy ships with a rich set of pre-defined Element templates that can be easily customized and tailored to fit specific tasks. This allows development of user defined nodes and customisation of simulation templates via extensive python bindings.
EddyScript provides high performance access, allowing custom development of shader and field modifiers. It features a familiar python syntax, but under the hood gets compiled and optimized to run natively on the GPU.
- State of the art fluid simulations for gaseous phenomena.
- Sparse data structures for efficient GPU memory utilisation, enabling larger simulations.
- Combustion engine for fire and explosions.
- Kinematic viscosity solver.
- Conversions of meshes and particles to volumes for collision or emission.
- Volumetric field compositing pipeline to allow complex emissions and force fields.
- Highly customizable and extensible via Eddy’s python template system.
- Extend volumetric field operations via EddyScript.
- Caching support of simulation data to the OpenVDB file format.
- State of the art direct physically based volume rendering of participating media on the GPU.
- Volumetric field compositing pipeline.
- Full deep data output support.
- AOV output support.
- Holdout support for meshes and implicit surfaces.
- Optimized GPU scripting engine with artist friendly Python syntax.
- Open and customizable shaders for different volumetric media.
- Support for various color spaces.
- Extend color spaces via python.
- Physical Sun/Sky model.
- Loading of simulation data from any source via the OpenVDB file format.
- Conversions of meshes and particles to volumes to be used in render graphs.
- Execute Nuke scripts from command-line