Do not miss this resource released by Unity Technologies ‘Download Unity free assets‘, you can download the “Book of the Dead” Environment, including models rocks, trees, grass, some traits from Quixel’s Megascans library.
Download free trees, grass and rocks: some of the Megascans and others created specifically.
The environmental assets, made available for download, as well as others, are modelled and texturized, produced by the Quixel and Unity team for the project.
The free download packages them up inside a readymade Unity project using a custom atmospheric scattering system and a custom vertex shader for procedurally animated wind effects.
Book Of The Dead: Environment for FREE
The package includes:
– Environment art assets scanned by Quixel, coming either from the Megascans library or produced exclusively for this demo.
– Environment art assets produced by the Demo team using photogrammetry.
– Environment scene, setup using the HD Render Pipeline.
– Player Controller and a Camera fly-through mode to discover the scene in play mode
– Area Volumes: Volume based system driving atmospheric scattering, sunlight and wind properties.
– Custom atmospheric scattering.
– Custom vertex shader for procedurally animated wind, used by all our vegetation.
– Project-specific Lit shader customizations.
– Project-specific customizations to lighting, shadows and occlusion inputs and calculations.
– Occlusion Probes, a baked solution for efficient sky occlusion on foliage.
– Grass occlusion system to create additional occlusion for our smaller vegetation assets placed on the terrain.
– Sound effects, and a fully functional audio landscape.
The project runs 30 fps in 1080p on PS4 Pro, Xbox One X and Windows/DX11 (mid-range gaming system). It is also supported on macOS(High Sierra)/Metal, Windows/DX12/Vulkan as well as on PS4, Xbox One and Xbox One S.
More information and detailed Book of the Dead making-of articles: unity3d.com/book-of-the-dead.
Some components of the project are governed by licenses other than the Asset Store EULA; see ThirdPartyNotices.txt in package for details about each component.
- Download the free environment art assets from the Book of the Dead demo from the Unity Asset Store
- Read Unity’s blog post about its photogrammetry workflow for creating the assets
Unity’s award-winning Demo Team, creators of “Adam”, is excited to announce Book of the Dead, a first-person interactive demo showcasing the capabilities of Unity 2018 for powering high-end visuals for game productions.