Color Marker is a small Outliner/Viewport management script for Autodesk Maya that will allow you to add some colours in Outliner and the Viewport (mesh wireframe, deformers, curves, emitters, joints…) making it way easier to see and arrange stuff if you are dealing with the heavy scene.
Color Marker – v3.0
A lot of people complained about the new icons after Maya 2016 was first released, especially guys who are doing rigging/animation type of work. This script should hopefully make things a bit easier not only for rigging/animation type of work but also managing objects while modelling.
Download Color Marker for Maya
Gumroad download > https://gum.co/wIQWA
SUPPORTED MAYA VERSIONS
> Maya 2016, 2016.5, 2017, 2018+
> Maya LT 2016, 2016.5, 2017, 2018+
All versions of Maya 2015 and older don’t have this feature by default so it can’t be used or make it work with older version of Maya.
> v3.0 – release date: 15.01.2018
- New – Option to choose wireframe colour assign method. Either using Drawing Override on Transform node or using Maya tool “Wireframe colour”. This will also allow you to use Color Marker together with Display Layers.
- New – Option to set colour palette preset size
- Update – “Select” option should now be significantly faster to select lots of objects as well as it supports multi-selection which means you can select, for example, 2 objects with different colours and it will select all other objects with those 2 colours.
- Other minor features, go over in the video below (how to use section).
> v2.1 – release date: 11.06.2017
- Added option to quickly randomize wireframe colors on selected objects.
> v2.0 – release date: 28.12.2016
- Option to set “Viewport” color – color for object(mesh) wireframes, locators, curves, deformers, joints, emiters…
- Set the same colour for the Outliner and in the Viewport at the same time
- Color correction for Outliner
> v1.0 – release date: 01.09.2016
HOW TO USE
- v1.0 – Quick Overview / Installation (Vimeo) > HERE
- v2.0 – What’s new (Vimeo) > HERE
- v2.1 – What’s new (Vimeo) > HERE
- v3.0 – What’s new (Vimeo) > HERE
INSTALLATION > Load Script (.mel file only) in the Script Editor and run “Execute All” or/and Save Script to Shelf.
- If you have feedback or/and suggestions feel free to send me a message on my email > email@example.com