Today we’re talking about VirtuCamera, an app that can be used as a virtual camera by connecting an iOS device with a DCC tool like Maya or Blender (under development) via Wi-Fi.
VirtuCamera: an app to use your iOS device as a Maya virtual camera!
The Blender plugin is under development!
VirtuCamera is a very interesting tool to add to your workflow, for layout artists, animators, and 3D artists who need to animate their 3D cameras. As you move your device in any direction, VirtuCamera captures motion and instantly sends it to your Autodesk® Maya® software camera over Wi-Fi.
VirtuCamera for Maya and Blender to Download
- Streaming Live Viewport
Watch your scene via the app in real-time. VirtuCamera transmits the viewport via Wi-Fi so you don’t miss any details.
- Check the scene from the app side Check the
Playback, select from the scene camera and animate the focal length or scale the camera movement to travel long distances.
- Motion and visualization streaming for devices up to 60 FPS is captured and sent at up to 60 frames per second. This parameter can be configured as needed.
- Camera stabilizer
Removes unwanted hand noise and creates smooth camera animations.
- Create your own button to call your custom script directly from your custom script app.
- Plug-in Open Source
VirtuCamera is compatible with Autodesk Maya software and is written in Python. In the future, we plan to release new plugins for other 3D software.
PC side minimum system requirements
- PC or Mac powerful enough to play 3D scenes
- Windows®, Mac OS® or Linux® operating system.
- Stable WiFi connection
- Internet connection
- Working copy of Autodesk® Maya® 2017 (or later) software
- The latest version of the plug-in provided on the web page
Requirements on the iOS side
- IPhone, iPad, iPod Touch con iOS 12.1 o later
- The iOS app itself must be purchased for $ 2.99.
Download VirtuCamere qui: /virtucamera/